The International Festival of Theater for Children was established in 2017, pursuant to the decision of the SOPOCKI MUSICALS FOUNDATION BAABUS MUSICALIS Foundation in Sopot, as a permanent international event with an official selection consisting of domestic and foreign productions for children up to 18 years of age.
The festival takes place every year, the first week of the month of June, for five days.
The festival’s goals were set at the time of its creation and will be the basis for its further development:
– presentation of the most valuable and artistically most important theater achievements of children and youth from Poland and abroad;
– contributing to the promotion of cultural values in the international arena;
– bringing nations closer together and preserving the diversity of each culture as the source of our common wealth;
– developing mutual friendships;
– exchange of experiences and establishing creative relationships;
– confirmation of the theatrical life of children and culture in the world;
– making available to viewers in Poland various international children’s and youth programs of different ages and social status.
In addition to its core activity, the festival as a cultural and business event also includes the following elements:
– theater production productions;
– organization of theater performances from Poland and abroad;
– organizing educational workshops for theater theater employees through lectures and other forms of vocational education;
Financial resources for the implementation of the International Festival of Children Theaters ICTF SOPOT 2018 are provided by the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, the Marshal’s Office of the Pomeranian Voivodeship and the City of Sopot, as well as significant support provided by embassies, foreign cultural centers, sponsors and donors.
The International Festival of Children Theaters ICTF SOPOT 2018 is not a separate legal unit. The production, organization and implementation of the ICTF SOPOT 2018 festival was entrusted to the SOPOT FOUNDATION BAABUS MUSICALIS MUSIC THEATER as the director of the festival. The employees and collaborators who work part-time and volunteers provide necessary help.
The festival is managed by the Festival Council, the Director and the festival chapter appointed every year for the duration of the festival. The council consists of six members appointed by the founder.
The Festival Council elects the chairman of the Council and the vice-chairman from among its members at the constitutional session. Festival director and selector is elected by the Board in accordance with the proposal of the executive producer for a four-year term.
Festival programs take place at various places in the city of Sopot:
– Theater on the Beach
– Wybrzeże Theater – a chamber scene
– Grodzisko (built scene with a tent)
– Sopot City Museum (built scene with a tent)
– State Art Gallery
– other places in the urban culture space
Magdalena Bombell Adamowska
Magdalena “Bombell” Adamowska
Joanna Cichocka- Gula
Apart from the above-mentioned ones, the Festival annually awards the Oak of Culture Achievement Award for outstanding artists, theaters, and theater groups who have contributed to the development of culture and theatrical art for children. The Dębu Kultury Award has the form of an artistic sculpture created by: