- INTERNATIONAL CHILDREN’s THEATER FESTIVAL SOPOT 2018 announces an open invitation to participate in the competition program of the 1st edition of the Festival, which will take place from 11 to 15 June 2018.
- All professional and amateur children’s theaters, children’s theatre groups, youth theatre groups, school’s theater groups, theaters, who have musical performances for children and teenagers in their repertoire, * are asked to send applications to the Festival’s headquarters:
To: Mrs. Jadwiga Kościk:
International Theater Festival of Children Sopot 2018
Al. Mamuszki 2, 81-718 Sopot
or e-mail: email@example.com
no later than on April 30, 2018. Applications received outside the set deadline will not be considered.
- During the festival, all types of children’s and youth theater are represented.
- All candidates joining the contest are required to send the completed application form electronically (the form is available via links at the bottom of the page) as well as by post.
- The following materials should be sent:
- full length of the DVD recording (video recording of the whole performance); *
- five horizontal shots (13 × 18 cm, 300 dpi, quality 3 / i.e. around 1500 × 2100 pixels);
- a short description of the performance in English (up to 900 characters);
- list of the full casting and production team (please name and surname);
- a short text about the theater / group or CV (up to 900 characters);
- theater logo
* Video recording of the entire performance can be sent by regular mail (on a DVD) to the ICTF SOPOT 2018 address given above, or via the internet (link ** to this video). The rest of the material can be sent by e-mail to the following address:
** Note: if the files are available for download for a certain period of time (eg when sending files via WeTransfer or a similar platform using a free service) there is a possibility that due to the large number of applications, the time needed to download and Other circumstances, we will not be able to download the file before the download deadline, so you may need to upload the file (s) again.
- Without the elements listed above, the application will NOT be considered valid and complete. These elements are necessary for selection (recording – if you can not see live performances) and to create a Festival catalog. Uploaded material will be stored in the festival archives and will not be returned.
- The basic criterion for the selection of performances is their artistic quality. The quality of performances submitted for the competition will be assessed by the festival’s selector (Jadwiga Kościk). The selection process will be completed at least 60 days before the start of the Festival.
- The results of the selection will be published on the festival website by 7 May 2017 at the latest. Notifications about the qualification of the performances will be sent only to theaters / participants whose performances will be selected for presentation as part of the competition program.
- Festival will end with the selection of the best performance ie I (Grand Prix), 2nd and 3rd place.
- Grand Prix of the Festival for Best Performance.
- Second Special Award for Original Expression and Fantasy (optional)
- Third Award for the best artistic direction.
- The prizes will be awarded on behalf of ICTF SOPOT and the City of Sopot.
- The prizes are awarded by the international, honorary chapter of the festival, selected from world-famous theater artists, musicians, writers and theoreticians.
- Conditions of participation:
Travel costs to Poland-Sopot are on the side of the participants, while the organizer covers the costs of local transport, provides accommodation (hotel, full board) and technical and musical support.
If you have any questions, please contact the Festival Office. Contact person:
Jadwiga Kościk, Festival Executive Director
telephone: 0048 726 434 155,
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
2018 APPLICATION FORM.doc
2018 APPLICATION FORM.pdf